Friday, April 25, 2008

Inagural Post

So, this is my very first post. I'm not exactly sure what prompted this rash decision to start a blog, but Laura, rest assured, you were very influential. I am a little worried about the commitment I am making. I know that I depend on people to update their blogs, so I can be entertained at work. I have a hard time making a long term commitment especially when I know someone might be disappointed if I don't follow through. I am going to do my best, but as I am already feeling pressure just one paragraph into this whole blogging thing, I can't make any guarantees.

Please don't read my blog with any expectations. I will not be as funny as Rebecca or as witty as Liz. I am an accountant. Don't be surprised if I use accounting analogies or refer to debits and credits frequently.

Writing blog entries is kind of reminiscent to writing to a missionary. When I was twenty, I wrote to a missionary every week. After a couple of months, I found that my letters were a little boring. I started to keep lists during the week of things that happened to me during the week. There were things like dodging sprinklers while trying to run up the stairs to the Joseph Smith Building. Or, falling down the stairs in the Tanner Building. I have a feeling that I may start keeping lists of funny things that happen to me, but since I don't have BYU campus or very many staircases to cause crazy mishaps during the day, my posts may stay pretty boring. I apologize in advance. I promise to try and entertain you and keep you updated on my life.

Happy reading! Or, in the case that I am the only person who ever looks at my blog...Happy blogging to me!!

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

You could intentionally fall down some stairs, you know, if you really ran out of things to write... :)

IzeOfLight said...

A blog with both wittyness and funnyness AND debits and credits?! It's like my DREAM!

And falling down in the Tanner? I've come SO close to faceplanting it several times--not quite a full-on faceplant, however. But I can basically relate thanks to my I'm-super-athletic-but-a-surprising-klutz self.