Friday, October 17, 2008

Creepy Parking Guy

The parking attendant at the building I work at is creepy, and not just because he is 40 and works full time as the parking garage attendant. Let me elaborate...
Occasionally I ride my scooter to work. The sign at the entrance of the parking garage says "no motorcycles", but when I first started working at the building, I went to talk to the parking guy about the possibility of parking my scooter in the garage. This was before I realized he was creepy. Although his stringy long hair gave me the idea that he might possibly be creepy I had not solidified my opinion. He told me that I could park my scooter right by the parking booth at the exit, and if I left my name, number, and company I worked for, he would call me if there were any problems. Great, I thought. Problem solved.
I rode my scooter to work the very next day. I happened to be wearing a dress (please reference earlier post about the perils of riding a scooter in a dress). As I was leaving the garage, I just waved and said thanks for letting me park there. He said "you can park here any time if you are wearing a dress." Yuck. The next time I rode my scooter in, I made sure to be wearing pants.
Well, it has been awhile since I have (riddin, rided, rode-take your pick) into work. I usually walk because my office is less than a mile away from work. I was running late today, and it was a nice morning, so I rode my scooter. As I am walking out of the garage, creepy parking guy says "good morning Nicole". It has been at least six weeks, if not longer, since I have come to work on my scooter, and he still knows my name. Creepy x 10!!!
One creepy encounter per day is my limit, so this afternoon when I saw him walk around the corner when I was waiting for the elevator, I almost decided to take the stairs. Eight floors isn't that many, right? But three inch heels make it feel like 16 floors, so against my better judgement, I boarded the elevator. Just me and parking guy for eight floors. Creepy parking guy says to me "It's my lucky day. I see you in the morning, and now I get to talk to you on the elevator."
A lucky day for one is a creepy day for another.

2 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

Ew ew ew ew ew!

I think you should go Jack Bristow on him!

Yes, I've been watching a lot of Alias this week being sick. =)

JenX said...

http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/products/keychain-15.shtml