Monday, October 20, 2008

Yahtzee!!

I have a friend named Kelly, as do many people who read my blog. I have never met anyone who hates Yahtzee as much as she does. I'm not in love with Yahtzee or anything, but how fun is it to yell Yahtzee at the top of your lungs? I'll answer...very fun. I have never understood Kelly's aversion to Yahtzee, and I may still not fully understand, but after today, I do appreciate it.
There is a store called Buckhorns that I walk by on my way to and from work. Pretty much everyday when I walk home, and sometimes in the morning when I am going to work, there is a lady sitting on the steps of Buckhorns playing electronic Yahtzee. For a long time, I thought she was the reincarnation of a woman who died/was killed/overdosed (depending on who you talk to) that lived in the building next to me. This may seem like a stretch, but she kind of looks like she could be on drugs, she is probably fairly lonely, and she is haunting the stairs of a store just a few blocks away from where she died. Rational conclusion, right?
Today on my way home, I walked past Buckhorns, and the lady was laying down on the cement by the door with her head obscured from my view by a bush. As I passed her she yelled out "Yahtzee!" Instead of being excited for her, I just thought it was kind of sad.
Kelly is as far away from becoming this woman as she could possibly be. I, sadly am not. I like Yahtzee. If I don't control my feelings for Yahtzee and let them get out of control, my love of the excitement of screaming out Yahtzee! could turn me into her. So Kelly, I want to say thank you for being such a good example of being Yahtzee averse. Your example may save me from going down that slippery slope that is Yahtzee addiction.

1 comment:

IzeOfLight said...

The way you found a silver lining to a friend hating Yahtzee is really quite extraordinary. Props! =)