Monday, November 3, 2008

A few thoughts on candy

As I reflect on this past Halloween season, there are a few important lessons that I have learned.

1. Fun size snickers are the best size snickers. The miniatures are too small and don't have the correct proportion of carmel/chocolate/peanuts/other chewy stuff.
2. Full size twix are the best because there are two. One for now, one for later. Or, both for now.
3. Nerds are too sticky. My nephew Owen tried to share his nerds with me on Halloween night, and when he tried to put them in my hand, they were stuck to his. Gross.
4. Bit-O-Honey are for the mature candy palate. I didn't think I liked them when I was a kid, but now I love them. Especially if they are fresh and still kind of soft.
5. I love candy.

4 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

I SO understand on proportions. For me, the original Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are the only ones that have the perfect mix of peanut butter to chocolate.

I don't know if I've ever touched nerds; usually I just pour them in my mouth from the box, but I guess I've never had the dilemma of having to share, saving me from that conundrum. =)

Catharine said...

Speaking of mature palate candy, have you tried Reisens? Dark chocolaty carmely, chewy goodness! Also, dum dums have the best lollipop flavors.

Tod said...

I agree with Laura...nerds should never go in the hand. But My favorite snickers is the ice cream kind.

Melissa and Zac said...

I love that you blog about candy...I knew we were best friends for a reason! :) Have you checked out my blog yet? I'm official!