Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finding Love at the Gym

Last night I was at the gym running on the treadmill, and in order to stay entertained when I run, I frequently people watch. You never really know what you will see at the gym. Last night, I saw a guy leaving the gym with a perfectly manicured faux hawk, and I thought, he probably didn't really work out, but he probably did find some "hot chicks". I always think it is funny to watch guys flex in the mirror, and there was definitely some of that going on. But, the funniest thing was two people who could not contain their love for each other, even while hot and sweaty at the gym.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can't imagine anything grosser than being hot and sticky and then having someone put their arms around me. Yuck. Well, these two were working out on one of the weight machines directly in front of my treadmill, and every five seconds they would kiss. Then, they just stood by the machine and started kissing very passionately. They guy had his arms all the way around the girl for a few minutes. This is right in the middle of the gym!

Anyone who knows me knows that my face does not hide anything. I had a look of pure disgust on my face. I just couldn't look away. It was like a horrible accident that you don't want to see, but you eyes are just drawn to it. Well, the boy involved in this public makeout session looked over toward me and saw the look on my face. I don't think he was even embarrassed, but he took his girlfriend's hand and they walked to a machine a little farther away. I was grateful, but since I had lost my entertainment, I stopped my treadmill and headed home.

I think that might be one of my tests of true love...do I still find him attractive when we have both just worked out and are very stinky. Don't worry, I will never love someone enough to let him makeout with me at the gym.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

I think that real love is NOT making out with someone in the gym. That's just not cool.

Jen said...

I wonder if making out in a hot sweaty gym is similar to making out in a steamy laundry room?