Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Rejector Has Left the Building

Happy Day and Hallelujah! My rejector has moved to another state. I said my final goodbye last night. I wanted it to be a high-five, but as I put up one hand, he extended both of his, so he could hug me. Oh well, at least I don't have to do it again. As I was walking to my car, I started thinking about what I had contributed to our relationship, and what he had contributed. Here is what I came up with...

My contributions to him:
I took him to the airport
I fixed a throw pillow from his couch
I listened to him talk endlessly about buying a new car, which he never actually purchased
I watched a couple of homemade movies that he thought were really cool
I listened to his analysis about various relationships he had been in

His contributions to me:
He publicly insulted me over the pulpit in sacrament meeting
He told me that my favorite hobby was lame
He made fun of a talk I gave in sacrament meeting
He faux rejected me (see earlier post)

Somehow, I think he got the better end of the deal. Note to self, don't let this happen again.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

Greener pastures, baby! Next time, if you get rejected, it will be for real! :)

Jen said...

good call. never let this happen again! i am so happy he is gone.