Friday, May 16, 2008

My assistant Andrew

I have a hilarious assistant named Andrew. Last year, on my birthday, he put my stapler in jello with a note that said "World's Best Boss". This year, on April Fools Day, he covered up the optical sensor on my mouse with a note that said "Happy April Fools Day". Funny pranks are only one of his many great talents, and today I learned about another one of Andrew's talents.

Andrew has an amazing skill that he can say any word backwards. I realize that anyone who can read can probably do this, but Andrew can do it immediately. It is awesome. Any word that you give him, he can pronounce it with the letters in reverse. Some of the words we tested him on are as follow:

Werdna=Andrew
Ecitcarp=Practice
Tnelat=Talent
Htaeh=Heath (Heath is my boss's name)

I am not kidding when I say that he can reverse these words immediately. He does not spend even five seconds reorganizing the letters in his mind before he says the word. He does say that the pronunciation is subjective, like we would discount this skill if we thought he should pronouce something differently.

Werdna si taerg!

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

That is a sign of a good assistant, if you ask me. You can find ANYONE to answer phones, crunch numbers, etc, but that word thing is not something just anyone can do.

Jen said...

emosewa!!!