Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Letter to Sean

Dear Sean-
Remember the time that my Visiting Teaching Companion brought some treats to my house to have me take them to the girls I visit teach?  It really is a funny story.  The treats never actually made it to the intended recipients because it ended up that someone ate them before I could deliver them.  I'm not sure exactly who ate them, but I think it might have been me.
You might be wondering why I am telling you this.  Well, funny enough, it has happened again, and in the repeat performance, you play a significant role.  In the new version, you are the Visiting Teaching Companion, and I am...well, I am still me.  The treats in question are these really yummy Christmas cookies that you brought over to my house. You brought some for me, which were delicious, some for Maren, which I gave to her, and some for Luke, which were delicious.
I am writing this letter to apologize.  But it might be a little bit your fault.  We have been friends for quite awhile, and during this time, you should have realized that I cannot be trusted around cookies.  I had to give Maren's to her immediately because after I ate the first cookie out of my bag, I knew the rest of the cookies were not safe.  I didn't see Luke until tonight, which is like a week and a half after the cookies were delivered.  They really didn't have a chance...especially because they were gone three days ago.
Please don't be mad.  I have a problem.  I know it.  I think admitting it is the first step to recovery.  I actually used to have a three cookie a day addiction.  It took me awhile to get over it, and having all those cookies staring me in the face was just too much.  I'm an addict, and you provided me with the drugs. 
I told Luke about the cookies tonight.  He convinced me that I should tell you.  Actually, he told me that if I didn't tell you, he would tell you.  I think it is better that it came from me.  I really am sorry, and I'll try not to let it happen again.  But it might happen again.  And I'll be sorry then too.
Sincerely,
Your very favorite Cookie Monster,
Nicole 

No comments: